Our Core Values
St Nic’s Core Values
Core values are non-negotiable values that underpin all aspects of St Nicolas Coogee, as we strive to love and serve Jesus.
- The Bible and Prayer – foundational and directional for all we do.
- Loving and caring relationships – are worked towards and expected at every level.
- Worship services – are to be excellent and connecting people with God.
- Evangelism – is directional for all church planning and activity.
- Gift-oriented ministry – active members are encouraged to determine their spiritual gifts and to use them to build-up the church.
- Small groups – are a basic building block of church life, and all members are encouraged to participate in one.
- Christian maturity – of all members is paramount.
- Giving – at least 10% of general church income is to be given to support Christian organisations/charities, and members will be encouraged to be similarly generous.
- Service – we will be a church that encourages members to offer practical service to those in need.
- Anglican – we will proceed based on the strengths of our heritage – theological, liturgical, and ‘cradle to glory’ ministry.
- Training – will be encouraged to assist members to reach the goals of their ministries.
- Multiplication – all ministries are to have as a goal the multiplication of that ministry.
- Excellence – we will strive to reflect the glory of God and call upon his glorious riches by doing our best and giving our best in all that we do.
- ‘Church Health’ rather than ‘church growth’ is to be the measuring factor.